top of page


We are committed to providing high quality legal service and to dealing with all our clients fairly. We acknowledge that we may not always get it right so if something has gone wrong, including in relation to the bill, we need you to tell us.

1.      How Do I Make A Complaint?

1.1    You can contact us in writing (by letter or email) and by addressing all correspondence to Christopher Bivon. His contact details                  are: 109 - 111 Corporation Street, St Helens, WA10 1SX and his email is

1.2    To help us to understand your complaint, in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:-

  • Your full name and contact details;

  • What you think we have got wrong;

  • What you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint; and

  • Your file reference number (if you have it)

1.3    If you require any help in making your complaint, we will try to help you. 

2.      How Will You Deal With My Complaint?

2.1    We will record your complaint centrally. 

2.2    We will write to you within 7 working days acknowledging your complaint, enclosing a copy of this policy.

2.3    We will investigate your complaint. This will usually involve:-

  • Reviewing your complaint;

  • Reviewing your file(s) and other relevant documents; and

  • Speaking with the person who dealt with your matter

2.4    We may also need to ask you for further information or documents. If so, we will ask you to provide the information within a specific

          period of time.

2.5    We will update you on the progress of your complaint at appropriate times. 

2.6    We may also, if appropriate, invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. You do not have to attend if you do not wish to or if

          you are unable to. We will be happy to discuss the matter with you on the telephone. 

2.7    We will write to you at the end of our investigation to tell you what we have done and what we propose to do to resolve your

          complaint. Where possible, we will aim to do this within 28 days of the date of our letter of acknowledgement. 

3.      What If I Am Not Satisfied With The Outcome?

3.1    If you are unhappy with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure, please first let us know and we will review the matter. 

3.2    If you are still unhappy, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look into your complaint. You can contact the Legal Ombudsman:-

3.3    You must usually refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final written response to your complaint

          and within twelve months of the act or omission about which you are complaining according (or within three years of you becoming

          aware of it). Further details are available on the website:

3.4     Alternative complaints bodies (such as ProMediate; website: exist which are competent to deal with

          complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We have, however, chosen not to adopt

          an ADR Process. If, therefore, you wish to complain further, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman. 

3.5    If we are unable to resolve your complaint, and it relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may

         also be able to submit your complaint to an approved alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider in the UK via the EU ODR


3.6    The ODR platform is an interactive website offering a single point of entry for disputes between consumers and traders relating to

          online contracts. The ODR platform is available to consumer clients only, i.e. where you have instructed us for purposes outside

          your trade, business, craft or profession.

3.7    The website for the ODR platform is

3.8    Further, if you are unhappy or concerned with our service, you can also contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). 

          Information about raising concerns with the SRA is available at:

4.      What Will It Cost?

4.1    We will not charge you for handling your complaint. 

4.2    Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to

         charge interest on the amount outstanding. 

4.3    The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge. 

4.4    The ODR platform itself is free to use, but the ADR entity to which the complaint is transmitted may charge for its service. The ADR

          entity is responsible for informing all parties of the cost of its dispute resolution procedure.

bottom of page